Onsite recently partnered with and hosted The Elevating Work Platform Association (EWPA), to facilitate the first ever EWPA Advanced Boom Trained Operator Course. The course runs for six to eight hours and is aimed at operators who already hold a WP Class High Risk Work Licence (Boom Lift over 11m) and require familiarisation with Advanced Boom Lifts.
The Genie SX180 Boom Lifts are complex pieces of equipment. Feedback from our customers highlighted that operatives could benefit from additional training on these machines given their unique nature. Onsite and the EWPA came together to create new course materials to enhance operator skillsets and ensure rigorous site safety practices.
The course involved:
- Topic 1 – Identifying and understanding specific features of Advanced Booms
- Topic 2 – Pre-Operational Checks
- Topic 3 – Selecting the correct AB
- Topic 4 – Operating Considerations
- Topic 5 – Preparing for Truck Transport Mode
- Practical training and operating of an Advanced Boom lift
- Knowledge assessment and practical skills observation
At the successful completion of training, each participant should:
- Be able to identify an Advanced Boom
- Understand features unique to Advanced Booms
- Understand Advanced Booms specific hazards
- Knowledge and skill to operate Advanced Booms safely
At the successful completion of training, each participant received:
- An interim EWPA Yellow Card document with an Operator Number and completed AB module
- Operators EWPA Yellow Card with a Photo, Operator Number – (Posted by the EWPA to the supplied postal address in the weeks following completion of training)
- EWP Type ‘AB’ will be added to any current photo EWPA Yellow Card.
This training course is suitable for people who already hold a WP Class High Risk Work Licence (Boom Lift over 11 meter) and require familiarisation with Advanced Boom Lifts. You can find out more about the EWPA – Advanced Boom Trained Operator Course here.
We were fortunate to have Jon Burke from Creative Digital Video at the branch to capture the practical operational sections of this course.
Please watch the two-minute video of the operators in action here. Please contact your Onsite Account Manager to find out more or call your local branch on 13 40 40.